Every 12 seconds, a rear-end crash happens somewhere on a road in America. Each year, more than 2.5 million rear-end collisions take place nationwide, according to the National Safety Council. Busy highways and city streets in Pennsylvania and New Jersey can be especially prone to such accidents. What can you do to stay safe? Here’s some helpful hints for avoiding a rear-end crash.
• Leave enough space. Leave plenty of room between other vehicles. You need time to stop safely, especially if a driver stops for no apparent reason.
• Pay attention. Be especially aware of the driver directly in front of and behind you. Are they following too closely? Driving erratically? This can sometimes be a sign of drunk driving or someone texting while driving.
• Look for pedestrians. People on foot can be unpredictable. Many pedestrians use crosswalks. But sometimes, people, especially children, dart out unexpectedly into the road. Be prepared to stop.
• Monitor road conditions. The weather changes fast in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, especially in the winter. Clear roads can quickly become covered with ice or snow, making driving conditions extremely hazardous.
• Watch for stopped vehicles. It’s sometimes hard to tell from a distance if a car has stopped, especially vehicles parked on the shoulder of a road.
• Slow down. Just because other drivers might be traveling far beyond the speed limit doesn’t mean it’s safe to do so. Excessive speed often results in accidents. Speeding contributes to 30 percent of all traffic fatalities each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
What would you if you were injured in a rear-end collision? You need someone familiar with such complicated cases. You need someone knowledgeable about each state’s complex legal system. You need Flager & Associates.
People throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey know Flager & Associates as one of the country’s best car-accident law firms. When you choose Flager & Associates, you get a lawyer dedicated and determined to winning your rear-end crash case.
Don’t let a rear-end collision ruin your life. Fight back. Contact Flager & Associates.